Monday, May 16, 2011

Grape Salad

I got this recipe from a Baptist Campus Ministry luncheon when I worked at UWA.  I'm sorry to say I don't remember the lady's name or even what church she went to.  I do, however, remember how yummy this salad tasted!  It's a holiday favorite around here and sometimes we have it "just because."  It makes a ton so feel free to make a much smaller quantity (I usually do 1 pound grapes and use one-third or one-fourth of the amounts of everything else).  

3-5 pounds seedless grapes (you can get the same color or mix), washed and dried
8 oz. cream cheese, softened 
8 oz. sour cream 
¼ cup packed brown sugar 
½ cup white sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
¾ cups toasted chopped pecans   

Mix the cream cheese and sour cream together.  Add the sugars and vanilla and mix well.  Stir in grapes and ½ cup pecans.  Pour into serving bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment