Friday, May 20, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken Strips

I was lazy when I came up with this recipe, I admit it!  Austin likes fried chicken strips but I honestly didn’t want to stand over the stove to fry them.  So I decided to bake them.  We like Italian bread crumbs on pork chops so I thought I’d try it with chicken. 

 These are yummy but I have to admit they’re not crunchy on the outside.  We didn’t mind it (honestly, the girls ate them better than when they do have a crunchy coating).  It’s just a different taste than just plain ole flour or bread crumbs.

2 pounds chicken strips
½ cup flour 
1 - 1 ½ cups Italian bread crumbs 
¼ - ½  teaspoon garlic salt (or a few sprinkles garlic powder) 
few sprinkles black pepper 
1 egg 
3 tablespoons milk 
4-6 tablespoons margarine or butter   

Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Place the flour in a shallow bowl or large baggie.  Mix the bread crumbs, garlic salt, and pepper in another shallow bowl or large baggie.  Beat together the egg and milk in another shallow bowl.   Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, shake off excess.  Dip in the egg and milk mixture and then dredge in the bread crumbs mixture.  Place on the prepared baking pan.  Dot with butter (about ½ tablespoon each piece).  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until chicken is done (my pieces were huge so if you have smaller strips, then 30 minutes would probably be enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment