Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

This recipe comes from my friend Gina Montealegre.  She claims she’s not a good cook but this recipe is wonderful!  I love chicken parmesan but I never attempted to make it before this recipe came along.  This is easy and delicious AND my girls love it!  I serve it with spaghetti noodles.  Gina serves it with rice, which is delicious too!

6-8 chicken breasts 
1 egg 
Progresso Italian bread crumbs (I use Wal-Mart brand)  
olive oil (I use canola)  
6-8 slices mozzarella cheese (I buy a chunk and slice it)
jar of spaghetti sauce (Gina and I agree that Prego is the best; she likes the mushroom, I prefer traditional)

Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg.  Roll in bread crumbs.  Brown in small amount of oil (both sides).  Don’t cook the chicken through, just brown.  Place in 9x13 greased glass pan.  Put a folded slice of mozzarella cheese on each piece of chicken.  Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken.    

Cover with foil.  Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (or until chicken is done and tender).  

This is great with chicken strips too (perfect size for little ones).  I prefer using a 9 inch square pan with enough chicken to fill the bottom (4 breasts or 7-8 chicken strips) and using the whole jar of sauce.  I like mine saucy!   

You can make the chicken ahead and put the cheese on top.  Refrigerate until ready to bake.  Pour sauce over it, cover and bake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment