Monday, May 21, 2012

Homemade Mac & Cheese

This is my friend Lisa McAmis' recipe with a little more cheese added to it.  Easy and yummy!

16 oz. macaroni (I like elbow or small shells for this), cooked and drained
24 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 eggs
Enough milk to make 2 cups including the eggs
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 pan.  Place just enough pasta into the pan to barely cover the bottom.  Cover with 8 ounces of cheese.  Add some more pasta and 8 ounces of cheese.  Add the remaining pasta (but not the cheese).  Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together and pour over the pasta.  Cover with the remaining 8 ounces of cheese.  Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. 
I usually half the recipe unless I’m taking it somewhere, then I make the full amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment