Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cheese Grits

This is a Paula Deen recipe with some modifications. The ladies in my Bible study LOVE them so when it's my turn to bring food, they know what it'll be!  I think they think I only know how to make this dish and nothing else.  LOL

1 cup grits (I use quick)
4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded (1 cup shredded)
3 tablespoons margarine
garlic powder to taste (the recipe calls for 2 cloves crushed)

Bring water to a boil. Slowly add the grits while stirring and continue to stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook, stirring often, until the grits are thick and creamy. Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Add a large scoop of grits to the eggs and stir well. Stir egg mixture into grits. Add cheese and margarine. Stir until completely melted and combined. Stir in garlic powder. Pour into greased casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment