Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fudgsicles (no sugar)

Found this recipe online (http://servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com/2012/07/healthy-fudgsicles.html) and tried it, a bit skeptical.  I was pretty impressed!  They had great texture and were yummy (very banana-ey).  Easy (if you have a blender), quick, AND the kids like them!  The recipe fit great into my 6 cup Tupperware popsicle mold.  Great all-natural cold treat!  I will also add that it was pretty inexpensive to make.  I had everything but the milk on hand and it only cost me $1.48 and there's enough for about two more batches.

2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
2 small, very ripe bananas
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
small pinch of salt
2 tablepsoons honey (I added this…you can go without if you prefer)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into popsicle molds.  Freeze.  Makes 5-6 pops.

78 calories each (6 servings)

No comments:

Post a Comment