Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Avocado Pie (Grandma's recipe)

Tonight I was going through some of my grandma's recipes and found this one.  I admit that 1. I have not made this; and 2. I have no plans to ever make this.  But I felt it was interesting enough to post.  Well, interesting to me anyway.  Perhaps someone out there is interested.  Perhaps not.  So here it is, written just as my grandma wrote it.  It doesn't say to bake so I'm assuming you don't...but there are raw eggs in it.  This part doesn't bother me (we use fresh eggs around here so the salmonella dangers aren't big for us) as much as the avocado part does.  Ha!

2 whole eggs, well beaten; add
1 can Eagle condensed milk; add
1/2 cup lemon juice; add
1 cup (or little more) mashed avocado.

Smooth into graham cracker crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment