Sunday, April 10, 2011

Caramel Sauce (syrup)

This morning I made an apple puff pancake (I would post it but it came out of a recipe book and I'm still not sure if I'm allowed to do that).  I realized I didn't have much syrup and I decided caramel would be a good flavor to go with the puff pancake.  So, I admit this is one of my creations…for better or worse!  It worked one time, but there’s no guarantee it will again.  So try at your own risk!

1 stick butter (no substitutes)
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons whole milk

Place butter and sugar in a small saucepan over medium. Melt butter while stirring. Boil the mixture about 1 minute.  Then add milk, remove from heat, and stir quickly.

Serve with breakfast (over biscuits, pancakes, waffles, French toast, etc.), or over ice cream, pound cake, etc.

Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment