Friday, April 29, 2011

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

I thought I would finish up my celebration of strawberries by posting my favorite way to have strawberries (other than eating them plain!)...over pound cake!  

This pound cake comes from my friend Pam Sim’s mother Ruby Irby.  It’s easy and the only “special” ingredient is cream cheese.  Instead of a tube or Bundt pan, you can pour the mixture into 2 loaf pans (this is great for sharing!  Keep one and give one away or give both away).   And if you love the old fashioned "crust" on a pound cake, this is the cake for you!

8 ounces cream cheese, softened 
3 sticks margarine, softened (I use Imperial) 
3 cups flour, plain or cake (I use plain) 
3 cups sugar 
6 eggs 
1 tablespoon vanilla   

Cream margarine and cream cheese, add sugar and mix well.  Add flour and 6 eggs alternately (2 eggs, 1 cup flour, repeat 2 times).  Mix in vanilla.  Pour into greased and floured tube pan.  Bake 325 about 1 ½ hours or until done.      

No comments:

Post a Comment