Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've tried. It's great with M&Ms as well. Cheryl Doggett (my mom worked with her in CA) gave me the recipe when she saw me post on FaceBook that I was hunting a good one. So, thanks to Cheryl, I stopped looking for the "perfect" chocolate chip cookie recipe because she had sent it to me!

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, melted (I use Imperial margarine, which makes them softer)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix together dry ingredients; set aside.

Cream together, melted butter, brown and white sugar, until well blended.

Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.

Mix in dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.

Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour (I do not usually do this). When it's time preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Drop cookie dough using a tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.


Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before placing on wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment