Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lady Brownies (plus Cream Cheese Brownie Recipe)

These are adapted from a Paula Deen recipe. It's my favorite brownie recipe! It's super easy and makes a 9x13 pan FULL! It uses cocoa (which I have on hand) and not chocolate (which I never seem to have). Also, it uses oil instead of butter. Now I realize they're not "healthy" but it makes me feel a teeny tiny bit better that I'm using canola oil instead of butter. LOL Also, you don't have to pull your mixer out--just stir and go!

2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cocoa

Stir together in a mixing bowl.

4 eggs
1 cup oil (I use canola)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Stir into dry mixture. You can mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl but you don't have to. Just be sure to mix the ingredients really well.

Optional:

Add 1 cup chopped nuts

Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven. Bake for 25-35 minutes. 25 minutes for very fudgy brownies; 35 for more cake-like brownies. The center will be a little "jiggly" when done.

Note: Use self-rising flour instead of the flour, baking powder, and salt.

Cream Cheese Brownies:

1 stick butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon flour

Beat together the butter and cream cheese. Add sugar, eggs and flour. Beat until well blended. Pour over brownie mixture in pan. Use a butte knife to swirl into the brownie mixture. Bake as described above.

I admit I haven't made the cream cheese part but I have a friend that has and she said they're really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment